Over two years have handed since From Software program first shared a prerendered tease for Elden Ring at Microsoft’s E3 2019 press convention. Throughout a streaming Summer season Sport Fest occasion on Thursday, writer Bandai Namco confirmed the primary gameplay footage from this collaboration between Darkish Souls creator Hidetaka Miyazaki and Sport of Thrones scribe George R.R. Martin and introduced a launch date of January 21, 2022, for “next-gen and current-gen” consoles.
The trailer under (and the screenshots above) converse for themselves, and the Darkish Souls vibes are obvious all through. Meaning a number of dodge-rolling out of the way in which of some huge assaults from beasts many instances the participant’s dimension, together with a distinguished dragon. It additionally means a lot of dramatic magical results, together with telekensis, hearth, and thrown stone amid the vaguely medieval setting.
A voiceover offers some hints in regards to the “tarnished” protagonist, who has returned “in the hunt for the Elden Ring, emboldened by the flame of ambition.” The protagonist is proven summoning a ghostly horse and preventing in opposition to mounted enemies. At one level, the mount leaps straight up a sheer cliffside. It appears like you too can summon a ghostly companion to combat alongside you to assault from a number of angles.
The Elden Ring reveal capped off a trailer-filled “Summer season Sport Fest” kick-off occasion that exposed loads of new upcoming video games, new footage for beforehand introduced video games, and new content material for video games which might be already accessible. Among the many highlights (with hyperlinks to related trailers):
- Steel Slug Ways, an isometric tactical RPG that borrows closely each the fashion and the characters of the favored Neo Geo run-and-gun shooter.
- Loss of life Stranding: Director’s Reduce, a PS5 replace to Hideo Kojima’s 2019 launch that includes an enigmatic trailer through which Sam Porter Bridges does his finest Strong Snake impression.
- A quick slice of gameplay from Annapurna Interactive’s Photo voltaic Ash, which supplies off actual Shadow of the Colossus vibes regardless of its DayGlo shade scheme.
- The Anacrusis, a kind of Left 4 Lifeless-inspired workforce shooter in house, co-created by ex-Valve dev Chet Faliszek. Take a look at our full write-up right here.
- Lostark, a Diablo-style, multiplayer RPG sport from Amazon Studios and Smilegate, coming to the US in Fall 2021.
- Vampire the Masquerade: Blood Hunt, a supernatural motion sport coming later this yr with a closed alpha beginning July 22.
- Home of Ashes, that includes a workforce of circa 2003 American and Iraqi troopers battlign their approach out of a cursed temple. Coming Oct. 22.
- Planet of Lana, a “hand-painted” sport that seems to contain a boy and his tiny black blob navigating the forest amid the tip of the world.
Count on many extra sport bulletins within the coming days as firms together with Microsoft, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Sq. Enix, Warner Bros., Take Two, Capcom, and extra host their very own streaming reveal occasions as a part of a digital E3 present.